Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing our world. It is progressing rapidly & with it questions are being asked about the benefits & risks of how AI may shape & transform business & society in the future.
Innovation Catalyst partner Barclays Eagle Lab is working with Barclays UK Ventures (BUK), a specialist business unit with an independent mandate to deliver new customer experiences at pace and scale, as BUK launches its new State of AI report for 2019. The State of AI 2019: Devergence report opens by stating that:
"as AI proliferates, a divide is emerging. Between nations and within industries, winners and losers are emerging in the race for adoption, the war for talent and the competition for value creation. The landscape for entrepreneurs is also changing. Europe’s ecosystem of 1,600 AI startups is maturing and bringing creative destruction to new industries. While the UK is the powerhouse of European AI, hubs in Germany and France are thriving and may extend their influence in the decade ahead. As new AI hardware and software make the impossible inevitable, we also face divergent futures. AI offers profound benefits but poses significant risks. Which future will we choose?"
The landscape for entrepreneurs is changing & the new Thames Valley AI Meetup will provide a neutral platform for sharing ideas and information across all AI/Big Data/Machine Learning technologies. The group is for:
- Technology contractors seeking to develop or share expertise
- Software coders from a variety of technologies & industry sectors seeking to further their knowledge, build new connections and share experiences
- Graduates exploring options and opportunities at the early stages of their careers
- Corporate teams with AI based products, solutions & services
- Business leaders and managers seeking to utilise AI and understand “the art of what is possible”
Join us on 16 May & be part of this community